Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher*
Hankering to tackle a long-distance trek, or an icy mountain peak? 1000 Ultimate Adventures brings together activities and challenges to captivate and inspire gung-ho adventurers and armchair travellers alike. From the epic to the local, on land, sea or even in mid air, the offerings here will encourage you to dream, plan and set off on your own adventure. Explore the world!
- Enjoy panoramic views of Cape Town after scrambling to the top of Table Mountain
- Pedal your way across Vietnam from the rice paddies of the Mekong Delta to the highlands
- Swim between continents in the Bosphorus swim, Istanbul
- Rumble across the dunes on a camel safari in Rajasthan
- Take in sublime vistas on a circuit of Mont Blanc
Authors: Lonely Planet, Brett Atkinson, Steve Waters, Lucy Burningham, Kate Armstrong, Greg Benchwick, Joe Bindloss, Jessica Lee, Luke Waterson, Phillip Tang, Matt Swaine, Virginia Jealous, Robin Barton, Jasper Winn, Jonathan Thompson, Karla Zimmerman, Ross Taylor, Andrew Bain, Kate Rew, Pat Kinsella, Ethan Gelber, Sam Haddad, Catherine Bodry, Jean-Bernard Carillet, Sarah Baxter, Caroline Sieg, Paul Bloomfeild
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places where they travel.