Waxed cotton develops it's own character over time & use; leaving your unique history built into the fabric itself. Tilley puts a 'double pass' of wax on their Outback Waxed Cotton hat to be extra thorough. A quick spin in the dryer every few washes will rejuvenate the finish.
- Maximum sun protection - fabric is certified UPF 50+, the highest given
- It’s washable! Made with a synthetic wax finish that can stand up to washings
- Staying dry - the water-repellent waxed finish keeps off the rain
- Lots of character - this fabric will age with you
- Guaranteed for life
- Front & back wind cords system secures hat in gusty conditions
- hydrofil® sweatband to wick moisture away
- Grommets for extra ventilation
- Keep valuables safe in the secret pocket
- Buoyancy – stays afloat in water
- Made in Canada
Brim size: Front: 2 5/8”; Back: 2 3/4"; Sides: 2 1/8"
Weight: 4.7 oz / 133 g
Fabric: 100% cotton with wax finish
Care: Machine wash delicate or hand wash cold, use mild detergent. Reshape and air dry. Do not bleach. Remove wind cord and foam from crown pocket before wash. Do not use softeners. Do not iron. Every few washes tumble dry low heat for a few minutes to rejuvenate the wax finish
*Makes the perfect gift for your favourite someone who enjoys long sunny walks or vacations in warm places!
Once purchased and received, don't forget to register your Tilley hat online through their website (within 90 days).
Tilley hats are guaranteed for life against normal wear and tear, poor worksmanship or faulty material. If something is wrong they will repair and replace your hat! If your hat is lost or stolen within the first 2 years, Tilley will replace the hat at half the cost.
**Unsure of your hat size? Follow these steps:
- Grab anything you can use to measure the crown of your head and a ruler.
- Wrap your measuring tool around your head. Make sure the bottom touches right above your eyebrows while going straight around your head. Compare that measurement against a ruler to get your size (both inches and centimeters are fine).
- Refer to the sizing chart included in the images to determine which hat size corresponds to your measurement.